Has it really been 3 1/2 months since I last posted? I’m not sure where to begin. It’s a strange feeling to finally come back to my little home on the internet after SOOOO long. I really missed being here, and I have much to share!
In the meantime, here’s a quick snapshot into the last few months:
- Celebrated a few important birthdays + weddings
- ITCHINESS – I’ve been eaten alive by fleas/mosquitoes, and diatamaceous earth was so very messy, and NOT very successful in getting rid of the fleas
- Pain in my hip and back – hard times not working out the way I normally do
- Swam in my pool about 4x
- Bought my first car-wash at Costco (I usually hand-wash at home.)
- Learned my love for jazz is real – Long Beach Jazz Festival + Paolo Fresu documentary at La Paloma in Encinitas, CA
- Not enough salsa dancing
- Paid for a membership to the gardens and I’ve gone perhaps 4x so far
- Ate more ice cream than usual (which is like, never.)
- Fixed a flat on my bike (thank you, YouTube)
- Breakthroughs in poverty mindset – trusting that God is my provider by tithing with the little I have and spending money on groceries NOT ON SALE.
- Breakthroughs as a WOMAN – being okay with putting on makeup in front of others and standing up for myself even though my mom disapproves of it. I also used my very first FACE MASK!
- First baby shower + first maternity photoshoot
- Received my very first press pass to shoot LA’s Fleet Week!
- Miramar Air Show
- 10 day trip to Portugal + Spain with a pit stop in PHILLY
- Paid a visit to Salvation Mountain
- Came back to a new job + got fired after two weeks
- Got my first hair trim in LIFE
Which brings me to my now:
- Enjoying my newly trimmed hair
- (Still) struggling with the bug bites
- Biking/swimming (low impact) more to take care of my hip and body
- Back to cooking – no more free food at work! (Yikes, this forces me to trust God more with $$$.)
- Learning to be intentional with important relationships in my life
- Looking forward to more breakthroughs!
- Trusting the Lord day by day – I literally do not know what to do next or where to go, except to trust HIM and keep writing.
Talk more soon ♥